National Subrogation Law Manual
2010 Edition - National Subrogation Law Manual
The laws of subrogation and insurance reimbursement claims are changing at a constant rate. The 14th edition of our law manual, with over 500 pages, is the only compilation of up-to-date subrogation research and analysis of the impact of each state's statutes and case law on health insurance subrogation and reimbursement claims. This manual is a necessary source of information and research that will serve Law Departments and Subrogation Divisions of Health Benefit Indemnity Companies, HMOs, PPOs, and third-party administrators (TPAs).
You may order the manual by completing and returning the order form along with your payment in the amount of $389.00 (add $300.00 for each additional copy) payable to The Rawlings Company, LLC, P.O. Box 49, La Grange, KY 40031-0049.
If you have any questions regarding the order process, or The Rawlings & Associates National Subrogation Law Manual itself, please contact Julia Atwell at 502-814-2151 or LawManual@rawlingscompany.com.
Topics Discussed In The Manual Include:
- Subrogation as a Basis for Recovery
- Reimbursement as a Basis for Recovery
- Liens as a Basis for Recovery
- Third Party Defenses to Subrogation
- Insufficient Funds to Satisfy All Claims
- Claims by the Insured's Attorney for Fees
- The "Collateral Source" Rule
- Sources of Recovery
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits Act
- An Overview of ERISA and the Pre-emption of State Law
The subrogation/reimbursement laws of each state are also summarized. Each state summary includes a discussion specific to the position of:
- State and applicable federal laws regarding equitable and contractual subrogation
- The right of reimbursement
- The common fund doctrine
- Made whole rules (where applicable)
- The negligence standard
- Required insurance coverages
- Statues of limitation.
Each state summary also has a section discussing relevant laws unique to that state.
If you wish to purchase this manual, please complete the order form.
Click here to order a copy of our National Subrogation Law Manual.